Gabriel's shared items

Friday, May 13, 2005

My wireles router is down... called up the cisco help desk today to troubleshoot the problem, and they concluded that it was the modem problem. The call center seemed to be international, as the people spoke with different accents, and the number was very weird: 800-1204-280, definitely not local, the linksys website says that it is toll free, I'll cinfirm it when the phone bill arrives. I called 3 times, as the first two times I called with my HP, it was cut off after 5 minutes or so... Anyway, apparently the router cannot be detected, my computer is now connected directly to the modem, and as the router isn't functioning, my sis cant use the internet from her laptop... Gotta bring it to the shop along with the warrenty sometime next week.

Went to Ang Mo Kio library today also, borrowed 2 books:
In Search of Schrodinger's Cat, which I found later that it was published before I was born. &
Six Easy Pieces, I realised when I begun reading it that it was the first six chapters in the series 'Lectures on Physics' (which I already have), verbatim.
The book which I really wanted to get, Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!, was 'On Transit', it is also available at CCK Library. I'd be going to CCK tmr for Jason's birthday, hope I can catch it before someone else does...

And... I've successfully created the Jukebox! It's on my website... Works as I intended, but I've recieved reports from Ken that it did not work on her desktop computer, sigh... That's the problem with web design... It is simply too time consuming to write code that is competible with every combination of OS/Browser...

A few more webpages which I found...
Days Were The Those, a blog about NS contributed by people who have been through NS, stumbled upon it through matthew's blog.
PHP Reference: a php site with comprehensive function reference. Also has links to many sites affiliated with php.
There're are also a few new sites affiliated with SAS and SAJC brewing... I'm not sure if it'll work out. I've seen the page, and honestly it seems very haphazard, and looks like it won't be 'lively' for very long... if fact, it does not even seem active at all. I'll put them up anyway...
JC Saint's Portal, and
Saint Andrew's Online.

What's up:
I would be having my IELTS written exam tomorrow...
FTT next friday...
Gotta fix my router...

Wow! such a long post! i'm amazed at myself... I think I'm getting the hang of blogging... or simply too free since I ORD'ed...

No comments: