Gabriel's shared items

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Google - I'm Lovin It!

Whoa,

just installed the newly released

,

and already I'l loving this fantastic application called Google Desktop! A culmination of all the google applications neatly tugged away in a sidebar which politely hides itself unless it is summoned.

It has everything I've been looking for at my finger tips -
  • RSS Blog and News Feeds,
  • Weather and Maps,
  • A convinient location to add notes, and a to-do list... Just what I needed!
  • Gmail and Google Talk windows. The least useful applications for the moment...

Google automatically searched my computer to determine which are my favourite websites! And I was pleasently astonished at what appeared!

And it's incredibly smart too! For the maps and weather reports, you no longer have to search for a location, and then select the correct result, google automatically delivers the right result!

One thing it doesn't have is an exchange rate monitor, but I can live with the one on my online headquarters for the moment...

And another thing that can be added is a system which manages your favourite websites... Or perhaps they intended for the blog and news rss feed to automatically perform this function.

No comments: