Gabriel's shared items

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ely!

Branch in the Shadow of the Cathedral
View more Ely Pics Here!



Woke up at 7 am this morning to visit Ely with LiSheng, Ben and Yao Yu.

Was a 15 min train ride from the train station at Cambridge, and it costed 2.10 pounds for a return ticket.

The main attraction there was a Cathedral. Never really appreciated Cathedrals before, but when I first saw this Cathedral, I begun to understand how magestic Cathedrals can be. Well, that's about all there is to be said about the Cathedral, nothing much really stricking about it, besides a few weird sculptures in the building.

Horses!

Saw a lot of animals here, including the horse in the picture above. Ben and Yao Yu were busy praticing their photographic skills, while me and Lisheng chatted bout things like Gnostic writing, and about my time here in Cambridge.

Raven Nests

Related an amusing incident I witnessed in Cambridge when we saw lots of raven nests in the bo-tak trees on the way to the Cathedral:

Had seen, on my way to Beehive center, twigs falling from a satalite dish. I looked up to see a pair of spotted doves trying to build a nest on the dish. There was one dove, presumably the female, perched on the bracket securing the dish to the wall. And the male dove fetching sticks to the female, and attempting to put them in place to build the nest. But they were amusingly not able to balance them on the brackets! And the entire floor below the dish was littered with twigs from the failed endeavour. Stood there for a while to observe this embarassing incident. And before I left, I glanced up to see a sad dove staring back at me.

Returned at 1 pm, and joined the Cumsa people for frisbee, then went to Sains to get supplies, and found some microwave food going at very good prices, as they were clearing stock for the easter weekend. Got a few microwave food for 30 - 40 p!

Then joined Choon Howe for dinner. Cooked the usual onion omellette, and spinach. Turned out quite nice. I think I'm getting quite proficient at making these dishes... Beginning to use quite a variety of sauces in my cooking: Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Soya Sauce, Seseme Oil, and Corn Floor.

Ok, will jot down the recipies one day when I'm inspired to...

No comments: