Gabriel's shared items

Thursday, August 03, 2006

An Update & Consolidation of my Current Pursuits

Had been resolved, upon returning home, not to waste any bit of my time here in Singapore, and have since involved myself in many activities. Just a list of what I've gotten myself into, along with some of ambitions.

Physics:
  • Learn Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics, and how they are derived from newton’s laws.
  • Learn thermodynamics, and the derivations.
  • Eventually learn quantum mechanics.
Programing:
  • Casually messing with php, javascript on the cccf website and my own blog.
  • Just picked up fortran – not too difficult. Seen how a scientific program is created, quite interesting and simple actually.
  • Downloaded Visual Basic and Visual C++ from the msdn website, but think I’ll ditch that for the moment in favour of Java.
  • Going to pick up Java and help Shawn with the development of the game. Working on the networking bit, think it’s gonna be really enriching!
  • Thinking of installing a cms on the srcf account to serve as my personal webpage. The old ones are quite out of date, and I’m having problems logging on to edit them.
Work:
  • Playing around with commercial simulation programs on the supercomputer, and trying to learn up on finite element technique.
  • Taking a few students for tuition. Think I’m not that effective a teacher if I do not have time to prepare what I’m going to teach, which is the case now.
Others:
  • Also trying to pick up the guitar, and have been involved in the youth choir lately.
  • I'm thinking of getting a good laptop, now that I'm going to use it for some solid programing. Think I'll begin looking around for it, and get a new laptop by next summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you want to get a new laptop?!?!?! then return me my fujitsu.. then i dont have to buy another laptop...

... ...

serene.