Gabriel's shared items

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Geeky Adventures

Have been messing around with geeky stuff lately.

Set up an apache and ftp server on my home desktop, and configured my router so that I can definitely access the computer when it's on. Ftp'ing stuff back and forth from the supercomputer inspired me to successfully set up the ftp server :P

Also installed Java, and compiled my first java program last night. Gonna get eclipse, a Integrated Development Environment for Java, soon. Reading up on the principles of Object Oriented Programing, as well as Networking with Java.

Also been setting up my new laptop, installing all the programs I need. It's the first time I'm owning a new computer all by myself, and I'm taking note of every single thing I've installed.

Switched to Open Office, cos it's free and legal, and it's proven as useful as Microsoft Office with regards to the basic features like opening files, and editing them.

Installation Log

05 Sep 06
Installed Thunderbird 1.5.0.5
Installed Firefox 1.5.0.6
Installed Windows Live Messanger

08 Sep 06
Uninstalled Windows Live Messanger
Installed MSN Messanger 7.5
Installed Google Desktop
Installed Itunes

11 Sep 06
Installed OpenOffice 1.1.5

15 Sep 06
Installed RealPlayer
Installed Installed jdk-1_5_0_08 (Java)


Really looking forward to working on the game next year with Yijin and gang!

No comments: