Gabriel's shared items

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ditching the MIT Idea?

Ah!!! I dunno if I should ditch the mit exchange altogether...

Such a difficult decision, so much stacked in both direction, and more importantly, i'm suffering from writters block over the application essay!

I dont want to go cos there seems to be so much lined up in the next year - Temasek society looks very promising, and if I think of running off to mit next year, i wont be able to wholeheartedly participate/contribute to the society.

Also, I have quite exciting summer plans which may need some consideration if i were chosing the MIT option next year.

And it is so comfortable in Cambridge, which translates to a certain level of assured productivity which i will forfeit for the unknown benefits of the exchange.

On the other hand, if i do think of continuing my studies til a graduate level, I feel like I would be much better off doing it in cambridge, where I would know my way around very well. However, that would lead to a very narrow education path, and spending a year at MIT would be really beneficial.

Also, if I dont stay, then knowing the american system would be crucial too. Either way, if I think of insisting on furthering my studies, the MIT exchange will be very beneficial.

Would I sacrifice what I have now for that? And I cant squeeze a word out for the essay!

No comments: