Gabriel's shared items

Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Culinary Attempt

Just tried cooking curry chicken for lunch with Prima Deli Packets this afternoon... Turned out quite well, considering it was edible. Having said that, I shall now play the devil's advocate and critique my own cooking, for future improvements...

I found the curry too thick, and there was too little chicken in the curry... I had followed the directions on the packet, and added around 400 ml of water at the beginning, and found that the depth of the water in the pot was only sufficient to submerge a packet of chicken in it... So I added a packet's worth (3 pieces) of chicken... Then halfway while cooking, i noticed the directions instructing to cook with 700g of chicken, and I had only used around 300g... No wonder I felt that the amount of chicken I was cooking was a bit little for a packet... Also realised that the water would expand, increasing the water level in the pot, so there's no need for all the ingredients to be submerged at the beginning...

Next time, I think I'll also try adding more water... say 800 ml... cos the curry was too thick, and more food can be cooked with more water...

Just jotting down my experience...

No comments: