Gabriel's shared items

Friday, September 09, 2005

Plans for Next Summer's Vacation

It just occured that I could work as a relief teacher for a whole term during my Summer vacation next June to Sept. Made a quick calculation of how much I'd earn:
$65/day x 5 days/week x 10 weeks = $3250
But since I won't work every single day due to holidays in between, I shall round down that figure to the nearest thousands... $3000. Would it be worthwhile? It seems very negligible compared with the amount I'd be spending on my uni fees, but still it's a lot of money! I could give tuition for a term too!

If I were to teach this time, I'm hopeing that I'd be able to get a place in a JC. Teaching in secondary school is really tedious, and very often it's hard for the relief teacher to impart any knowledge. I've hoped, during my last stint as a relief teacher, to experience proper teaching: covering a few chapters with a group of students, and seeing how they advance in their understanding of a topic... I never really had sustained sessions of fulfilling lessons, the closest I had was taking the math olympiad class, but that only occured twice.

I'm still wondering what uni students do with their vacation... It's kinda loooong...

No comments: