Gabriel's shared items

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Declaration of Independence

This is the testimony I wrote for my baptism form. Not sure if it constitutes a testimony cos I haven't really elaborated on what God has done, I merely stated it. I really don't know where and how to relate everything that has happened. And it's kinda short, or so I feel. Guess I'll submit it anyway lest I exceed the deadline... here it goes:
As a child, I grew up in a christian family, blessed with God fearing parents who faithfully inscribed the torah on our doorposts and in our hearts. For that I am grateful. However, growing up in a christian family also meant that I have never known a life apart from God, thus making it difficult for me to fully appreciate the saving grace of our Lord. This may be the reason I have never really experienced very elaborate revival before. Nevertheless, on hindsight, I recognise that God has been making Himself known to me a little at a time over the course of my life, and His hand has always been upon my path.

As I turn 21 and begin my first independent steps, I want to consecrate my life to God, by
  1. Acknowledging God as the Soverign Lord over my life,
  2. Testifying of His great goodness and abundant blessings upon this undeserving jar of clay, and
  3. Declaring my commitment to follow the Lord, and live a life that is pleasing before Him.

No comments: