Gabriel's shared items

Sunday, September 18, 2005

T-Minus 10 days.

The past few days have been eventful... Just held a triple celebration tonight with my family. Really joyous occassion, filled with anticipation for the future... Tonight we celebrated:
  1. The beginning of my overseas education endeavour,
  2. My Sister's 20th birthday, and
  3. A recent addition to the family, the details I'm forbidden to divulge.
The Tan Family: Generation Y

The following days looks set to be no less momentous, with my driving test on Tuesday, and my baptism on the Sunday before departure.

I'll also need to make the final preparations before I leave, like...
  • packing the last minute daily clothes,
  • packing the important documents,
  • making arrangements on how to communicate home,
  • money matters: how to carry my money, and transfer money to my bank account over in Cam.
Oh yes, one other thing to do before going to Cam: save my favourite MSN Pictures online so that I'll have access to it when I'm there :p

So there you go... My iconic Pinky and the Brain MSN pics...
This pic is cute,
This one has attitude, and I like it,
This is my favourite,
but unfortuntely it shows up grainy on MSN,
so I don't use it often...

Why Pinky and the Brain? Well, I'm inspired by this little rodent with BIG ambitions... It's sorta reflection of myself... I'm insignificant in many ways, and I was born in the year of the rat, but I have Wild Dreams! But unlike the Brain, I hope my attempts at pursueing my dreams would be blessed with success.

Speaking of success, I'm proud to announce my successful campaign against the irritating viruses that plagued my computer! But must say, we have become incredibly dependent on anti-virus softwares! It's unbelievable how much viruses you can get infected with if you don't have proper virus protection. Really have no idea where they come from man! Somehow my computer was infected, even before I connected to the internet after reformatting my computer! It was bloody irritating! In the end, what solved the problem was installing "WinXP Service Pack 2", and "McAfee" before connecting to the web. And frantically registering and updating these programs upon connection.

When I first decided to reformat my computer, I felt like God passing judgement and destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. The thought of wiping out all the evil viruses at the click of a mouse felt really empowering and satisfying! But I soon realised that I was casting out one demon only to have 7 more malicious ones come and take possession of my computer. It even took on my anti-virus, and disabled the ctrl-alt-del function! Glad it's all over now... Hope my com remains healthy after I leave... But this over-reliance on anti-virus software really raises the suspicion that these anti-virus corperations are the ones who ultimately have a vested interested in the creation of these viruses.

10 days left :s

No comments: