Gabriel's shared items

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Stuff... Lots and Lots of Stuff.

As much as I hate to admit it, i guess the lack of my blogging last week can indeed be attributed to the fact that I feel like I'm lagging behind in my work, otherwise known as the 'Fifth Week Blues'. Ah, not feeling much better at the moment with my supervision work due tomorrow, and I'm hours away from completing them...

Blogging now as I feel like I've got many things on my mind and I need to organise them.

Immidiate Matters
Here's a list of chore's due tomorrow:
  1. Return Library Books
  2. Find out about Bursary
  3. Cash Cheque
  4. Buy Bread
  5. Do Laundry
All that on top of completing my Example Sheets and handing them in before the time due.

Just found the cheque for my participation in the music experiment last week in my pigeon hole. Yay! Earned £8.00 just like that! Gotta cash it in. And find out about how to manage my bank account.

Not So Immidiate Matters
Another thing on my mind at the moment is my National Express coach trip back to Heathrow. Don't know if I'll need to reserve a seat in advanced. Gotta call a certain number to find out. Also need to photocopy my passport and student card to register for 'Word Alive', a CCCF retreat in the Easter Vacation.

Also gotta think of what to bring home with me. Will definitely need to revise my work, so my notes will be in the list. And need to plan the details of departure day already. It's so fast! 10 weeks over just like that, but I feel like I've accomplished a lot in that time!

Brrr...
It's also getting cold, and feeling less comfortable riding my bike around in the cold. My upper body is ok, the woolen vest and jacket provide ample insulation for my upper body, but my hands, legs, and face often feel very cold when I ride around. Think I'll pay a visit to a sports shop to look for some winterwear - Ski-mask, leather gloves, and perhaps a Gortex like raincoat pants, the kind I used in army. I also wanna get a portable thermometer so that I know exactly how cold it is when I feel cold...

E-Meals
Also, executed my first emergency meal on Sunday for dinner. Bought canned curry and 1kg of rice from Sainsbury. Realised when I wanted to prepare dinner that I lacked a can opener. Had to chisel the lid out with a knife and a pot. Turned out quite gross, but it's very cheap! £0.26 per can of curry, and £0.52 for 1 kg of rice that can last me around 8 meals. Have a can of curry handy in my room now, just in case I need a meal.

Asian Food Festival
Helped out at the Asian Food Fest organised by Cumsa on Saturday. Very fun experience, especially so being Daryl's helper. Spent most of the time in a small kitchen with Daryl, frantically trying to salvage a pot of overly spicy mutton curry. But the outcome was amazing! Everything turned out very well. The kitchen we were in was very poorly ventilated, and the boiling curry served to make the atmosphere worse. Was very hot, stuffy and spicy in that kitchen, but at the end, we were left with an access of lime and some sugar, and Daryl decided to make lime juice out of it, it was incredibly refreshing! Took some of the access lime home that day, and made some for myself. Did not enjoy it as much as when I was suffering in that environment. Guess sometimes you need to be subjected to extreme discomfort before you can really enjoy real refreshment.

Rememberence Day
Quite interesting how people here commemorate the end of WWI. Never knew that it was such an important event. The first sign of it was when there was an unexpected two-minute silence during lectures on Friday at 11am. And the Sunday church service made references to and held a minute's silence for the end of WWI.

Ah... Just randomly posting some of the interesting things that happened.

2 comments:

yuch said...

hey...how're you doing man? hm, canned curry and rice seems a little 克薄 doesn't it?

i guess one of the advantages of going overseas is that you learn how to cook!

Gabriel Wu said...

Yeah! I'm forced to acquire that skill. What is that chinese word you wrote? Haha, my chinese is as poor as ever!

How's life in 46? Men ORDing already huh? Will you drivers be going for AISL?

Gotta meet up when I'm back in Sg man!