Gabriel's shared items

Thursday, January 19, 2006

FINALLY! Internet Connection Thru a Proper Laptop!!!

Yeah, finally got this to work! Now I'm very comfortable in my room, and I think I'm going to enjoy the next 6 months here very much!

With my bed made infinitely more comfortable by the blanket I brought over; and the laptop through which I can organise my life, and conviniently access infomation; and a guitar to strum away whenever I'm stressed, or need something mindless to do when trying to solve a maths problem; and I found a place to watch TV, did it this morning at 5 am, and totally enjoying the programs! And a thermal pot to cook delicious meals in; and all the other miscellaneous things I brought over with me this time round, I now feel like I can fly! Take on anything the new term throws at me!

Just started lectures today. It's much better now that I'm mentally prepared for what to expect. Attended the physics lecture before my maths lecture, they're doing classical mechanics - Lagrangians and Hamiltonians! Think I'll frequent that lecture too!

Also just met my DOS today. Assigned me my supervisors for the term. Will have a supervision with a greek guy from Trinity! That will make a good excuse: if I cannot understand what is happening, I can always pass it off that he was speaking greek ;P

But really looking forward to having this supervision - it should allow me to know more mathmos. Trinity accounts for more than 20% of the mathmo cohort, and they are usually the best of the lot!

Shall blog about my first few days here after I've sorted it out. Also the plans for my meals... Just recceed Sains for the ingredients today, think I'll execute the meal over the weekend. Lets see.. I'll get chicken, and cook pasta and chicken soup. Also will be looking for containers to hold my fresh produce.

No comments: