Gabriel's shared items

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Brainscan!!!

Just returned from a brainscan. Went there this afternoon after lectures, and it was quite an experience!

Was placed in the middle of this noisy gigantic machine, which carried out the scan while I performed various tasks like trying to match faces, and rooms. Had ear plugs on, and I was communicating with the person conducting the experiment through a headphone, and had a frame to immobilise my head, the frame had a mirror so that I could see the computer screen behind me, and was surrounded by this white chamber. The entire experience felt really out of this world.

Thought I had a taste of what astronauts living in the ISS experienced.

And at the end, I was given a picture of my brain, and paid 20 pounds! So it's very worthwhile!

In case any of you guys in Cambridge are interested in taking part, you can contact the guys at the brainscan at this address:
brainscan(at)mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk

No comments: