Gabriel's shared items

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rekindled Interest in Programming

I often feel that my progress in certain areas follow cycles of boom and bust, just like the economy, and pretty much everything in life.

Well, not too long ago, I my life saw a "Computer Revolution", with my acquisition of programs like a Visual Basic compiler, Apache, and PHP. But after I've learnt much of what is known, my interest for it died down. Ever so often, my interest is rekindled by a sudden source of infomation, and a means to further my understanding in the area.

Recently, I found a website, Warindustries which I've visited before, but did not gain much from it, just because I was not prepared back then, and I did not have the relevent background knowledge to understand what was written. Now, haveing experience in setting up servers, and a vague understanding of how networks function, I am able to comprehend some of the notes they host on the website.

I learnt from an article that i can see all the connections a computer has established by typing "netstat" in the dos command prompt. I think this revelation would initiate another explosion in my understanding of the internet, and how networks work...

No comments: