Gabriel's shared items

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Longest Yard?


I don't usually watch movies, and when I do it's usually for the company.

Well, watched the movie "The Longest Yard" with Tsang, Varun and Shamir tonight. Kinda enjoyed it, slapstick commedy, with a little witty literary humor. The slapstick part was somewhat different from the regular crude humor, so it didn't feel too lame...

Parts of the movie invoked memories of my NS and relief teaching days. Watching the life threatening politics reminded me of how life felt like in 46 SAR, and I felt that the way Adam Sandlers approached and soft talked the wayward inmates into joining his team can be applied to handling the students in school.

Also, somewhere in the movie I heard this line:
"Winners make the rules,
Losers live by them."

How true...

No comments: