Gabriel's shared items

Monday, September 05, 2005

Preliminary Round of Packing

Got my suit yesterday at $159.00 thanks to a 'broken sizes offer' and the 20% Robinsons discount. Woke up this morning to find myself in my room with all these items lying around, coupled with last weeks resolve to start packing, I finally found inspiration to do so. I've realised, after this round of packing, that I have less space than I initially thought :s Still have 3 weeks to figure this out...

I begun by consolidating all the items lying around in my room that I wouldn't be using, and sorted them out. Broadly categorising them into 'Big Luggage', 'Small Luggage', and 'Backpack'. Most of the items I don't need now fell into the 'Big Luggage', as they tend to be the big, bulky items which I won't need access to until I'm settled in at college. Intend to keep the important things I'd need readily accessible in the Backpack, and the important documents and electronics in my Small Luggage.

Ok, here's a checklist of items sorted by Luggage type:
(*asterix indicates items I have yet to pack and need to take note of.)
Big Luggage

Suit:
  1. Coat
  2. Shoes
  3. Tie*
  4. Belt*
Stationary:
  1. Stationary Bag
  2. Ex Book, Folders, & Foolscape Paper
  3. Hole Puncher
Clothes:
  1. 1 x Jacket
  2. All my thermals
  3. Outdoor Clothes** (Lots of them)
  4. Pajamas*
  5. Underwear & Socks* (Lots of them)
  6. Towels* (about 4 pieces)
Misc:
  1. Hangers* (around 10?)
  2. Toiletries Resupply - Toothpaste, Face Wash, Soap, Ear Buds
  3. Thermal Flask
  4. Some bags - For my daily use in Cambridge


Here's the status of my luggage... It looks so full even before I put in the bulk of the clothes :s


BackPack

Footwear (will be packed at the bottom):
  1. Slippers*
  2. Extra pair of shoes
Toiletries:
  1. Toiletries Bag
  2. Some Toiletries Resup
Winter Clothes:
  1. 1 x Jacket
  2. Scarf
Misc:
  1. Umbralla*
  2. Water Bottle
  3. More Clothes
  4. Perhaps some food


Small Luggage

Electronics:
  1. Palm Accessories - Cradle, Charger, CD
  2. Handphone Charger
Documents:
  1. Medical Exam Form
  2. Certs
  3. Letter of Acceptance, Proof of Finance*
  4. My Homework :p
  5. *what else??
Misc:
  1. Food Items - the not so objectionable ones
  2. More Bags



Just making a checklist...

No comments: