Gabriel's shared items

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Sleepless Nights

I appear to be experiencing insomnia every alternate nights... On one night, I'd sleep excessively, and on the following night I would not be tired enough to fall asleep. Predeparture Syndrom? =S

So just jotting down everything that's on my mind now...

Shopping
Just went shopping with my sis at J8 tonight... It's been ages since I loitered around that building, it's changed since the renovation, and there seems to be many good shops there!
Bought:
A bag for my daily use in Cam for $34.00,
A pair of slippers for $2.40!
A bottle of Kaya for $1.80,
A pair of track pants for $50.40.
My parents also got me some Vit C and an inhaler from Horizon.

I liked the bag I got, I've been looking for a large bag for my daily use, as the bag I am currently using is beginning to wear out... Can't seem to find one that I liked until today... and it was very reasonably priced! The more I think of the bag I got, the more I'm liking it. It has 2 side pockets, one for an umbralla and the other for my waterbottle, a compartment for diskman, which snuggly fits my palm, and a handphone holder on one of the straps, and the space inside is large enough to fit a laptop and A4 files, and books! The wonders of shopping with a sister... In fact, I like the bag so much, I'm gonna check out their website!

Think everything I got tonight was very worthwhile (consumer surplus ;p) except for the track pants... Nevertheless bought the trackpants to try out what kind of pants would be suitable for exercising in in cold countries.

Also tried signing, for the first time, for the items I got; used it for the more pricy items... Now I understand how people can chock up so much credit card bills! It's so hassle free and you don't feel the pinch until you see your bills! Gotta find out the details of the charges and conversion when using the various credit cards, POSB card, and the various bank constructs like TT and Bank Drafts. Ah!!! Adult life comes with so much complexity =S

Looks like I am materially quite prepared for the transition... Other minor items to bring include ziplock bags and a tuperware.

Tomorrow's Baptism
Erm, nothing really much to say actually. Shared my testimony at the YA service today, somehow when I was up in front I never really used what I had prepared...
Today's service Pastor Kieren touched on prayer, suddenly felt a compelling importance of beginning the day in prayer. I'm resolved to make it a habit when I'm over in Cam.
"Vision is that which grips a man,
Passion is what drives him."
One needs both Vision and Passion to live with purpose.

Final Arrangements
Here are some of the things I'd need to settle before leaving for Cam...
  1. Money Arrangements
  2. Communication Arrangements
They seem so complex...

Initial Concerns Over in Cam
Wow! I am actually seriously thinking about the nitty gritty of living there!!! Surreal!!!
Anyway, the list seems to be very long and it's getting longer by the day... Just randomly listing all the items that is coming to mind... Will definitely be sorting it out in the days to come...
  1. Open Bank Account
  2. Applying for Computer from the college (can't see myself living without it)
  3. Furnish the kitchen with cutlery and pots and pans!
  4. Stock up the fridge with food... and I have a long list, so I wont go into it yet...
  5. Furnish the room with lights, anything else?
  6. Apply for landline and consider the various cellphone plans
  7. Contact home - Handphone or Email?
Ok, not so long afterall...

Ah, bad case of literary diahorrea... and off for another attempt at REM. Time check: 0300.

No comments: