Gabriel's shared items

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A Relatively Fulfilling Day

Today was kinda fulfilling, got round to fulfilling all the resolutions I made myself the day before by mid day... Got Computer Support to fix the computer in my room, now I can access the internet in my pajamas. And got my Library Card done, and borrowed a few books. Now with convinient internet access, and a few math books, I do not feel such a pressing need for math company to stimulate my learning. I think it's a more psychological effect cos I haven't gotten much out of the books or the internet yet.

Also paid up for the air tickets home. Will be travelling with Alvin, departing on 9 Dec from Heathrow Airport, transitting at Frankfurt, and reaching Singapore in the afternoon of 10 Dec, ETA 1715. No KrisFlyer points for this flight cos it's student rate.

Just a passing thought. An aeroplane is more effecient at creating life to remain at the same altitude than a helicoptor because it is more effecient to to create a given amount of force by changing the velocity of a large mass of air by a little, than by changing that of a little mass of air by alot.

Went for the CCCF Squash, good food, nice company of chinese, and some games. Also signed up for the trinity math society. They were halfway through a lecture when I reached, couldn't catch what was happening having missed the first part of the lecture. Arh! I need to be more involved in math! Paid £2.50 for membership fee. Supposed to go for Astronomy Squash, but it was at Robinson, and was getting late, so decided to give it a miss. Maybe I'll join next year.

So here are the Societies/Organisations I've joined and will probrably be active in. It's more academic than I'd intended before coming, but think I'll need such company for the moment.
Cambridge University Science Society
Trinity Maths Society
Cambridge Chinese Christian Fellowship
St Andrews the Great
Cambridge University Wireless Society
Initially hoped to pursue other areas like perhaps learning to play the guitar or something, but looks like I now have my hands full with science stuff. Maybe next year, or hopefully can learn it in church.

No comments: