Gabriel's shared items

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another week at work

It's Tuesday already, again! Guess I'll reflect on my week every Tuesday, since the general timetable of my stint here is also planned out by the week.

Highlights of this week:
- Got the trial website up and running, and it should be ready for implementation by the weekend, after a 3 day allowance for beta-testing. If you'd like to help out, please visit, register, and go use the features!


- got a tour round the supercomputer housed in ihpc. Now I'm quite curious to find out exactly what it takes to carry out accurate simulations, and how to harness massive computing power effectively.

- Met up with foo yee! Quite excited that he'll be at imperial next year. He's one of the few maths buddies I have, and I've realised that they are hard to come by, even in a place like Cambridge.

- Have been hanging out at the NUS Science Library after lunch the past week, read up on hilbert spaces.

- Need to submit my Second Week Report soon. Quite looking forward to watching Fortran 90 in action, and to seeing the process of simulating a process from scratch!

- Going to watch Pirates of the Carrebean with the CF people tonight.

No comments: