Gabriel's shared items

Monday, July 31, 2006

Google Geek?

Having worked at a-star, and having discovered microsoft offering their Visual Basic Package for free has caused me to feel that there's actually hope in this world for the average geek.

These few weeks of internship at a-star allowed me to experience working in an autonomous research environment. I'm now even more keen to be part of other such highly unstructure organisations, especially one that greatly successful, yielding astonishing results.

Yes, and google is one such organisation, I've have been eyeing this one for a while now.

And if I were allowed the liberty of opinion, I'd say a good project which can be developed would be one catering to the needs of the info and power hungry geek species across the globe. A project that would help aspiring geeks at all levels to find what they are looking for quicker, and perhaps provide these geeks a medium to further their pursuits, by providing free server space for example. How that will make money, i'm not too sure, but google seems to be making money out of giving away freebies to the world!

If I were a googler.

No comments: