Gabriel's shared items

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Coming Full Circle

Then


Now

Headed back to Cambridge in a few hours time, exactly one year after my maiden pilgrimage - same flight number, same departure timing, but with different people - with me playing the senior this time round.

Will be seated with Foo Yee and Aloysius, two Mathmos! Muahahahaha! I'm anticipating a very enjoyable 13 hour flight back! :P

Have been waking up to the sight of my suitcase at the corner of my room the past few eye-shuts. Such visual stimulus upon a dreamy state occassionally evokes flashbacks to the emotions I had a year back.

I recall a situation of excitement coupled with uncertainty. An excitement relived by Aloysius, brought about from the sudden realisation of the significance of the moment. And uncertainty, the uncertainty of my cause, of not knowing why I made the decision to take such a huge leap into the unknown without a safety harness. The uncertainty of what to expect, and the uncertainty of whether I was going to make it out alive.

Now one year on, the excitement and uncertainty had been replaced with a cautiously optimistic resolve. Knowing what to expect, the opportunities available, and being mentally prepared to face the challenges. I no longer question the wisdom of my decision like I did at the pivotal moment a year back, instead, I'm thinking of what I can do with the options I have, and make the most out of it.

And in that sense, I am rather optimistic because the opportunities my situation offers is quite boundless. Just praying that I'd be able to utilise it well.

And as reflected by the seasoned state of my belongings, I am now a veteran of this pilgrimage.

No comments: