Gabriel's shared items

Monday, September 18, 2006

End of yet another chapter


Went back today to complete my project report, closing yet another chapter. Had to wait over the weekend for the simulation to churn out the results.


Me at my desk, and Dr Liu Ping and I at the terminals to the supercomputer

Had blogged in the previous entry about all I've gained from this internship. It's been a great exposure to the world of simulation and research. Thank God for this opportunity, think it's helped change my outlook for the better.

Went down to suntec to meet shamir, quite interesting all the activity happening because of the IMF meetings. Suntec was literally turned into a fortress! The parameter fencing and the police presence evoked feelings of how authoritarian a state Singapore is, but because of that it's able to pull off something so grand on such a large scale. Think if the world were one country, Singapore has all the administration, infrastructure, and manpower to be the world capital! Just from the density of the luxury vehicles within the area, makes a powerful statement of our prosperity. There were BMW's for the delegates, the regular Mercedes taxis, plus the normal share of such vehicles on our roads, it was quite an awesome atmosphere.




Also celebrated Serene's birthday yesterday, and my departure, this time with a new addition to the family! Hm... This period of time really feels like a repeat of last year! Including the ride back in daniel's car after the cf bbq, and the bouquet of flowers.

Ok, just randomly blabbering the stuff I'm feeling dejavu about.

But there's a little difference this time: two more weeks left, and I know what I'm in for, I know people over in Cambridge. I'm kinda anticipating next year, with a bit of apprehension. A better situation than this time last year when I did not feel any genuine anticipation about the transition at all. Hopefully this is indication that things will turn out better this time round.

2 comments:

creature comfort said...

bro, i hope u noe dat s'pore is so small.......hahahahhaha..but yeah, we could pull lotsa things off..but den..pity e poor suntec businesses...hope ur internship has been nothin but gd experiences..can see dat frm ur blog..home is where my heart is...chao ang mos!ahemm, not all but a Lot..

Gabriel Wu said...

Yep, this internship was great! gave me direction in my academic pursuits. Hope you're settling down well in australia too :)