Gabriel's shared items

Monday, July 11, 2005

The Things I Blog About

I realised that there are some topics I am able to write about more spontaneously than others. There were many times I thought "this is a significant time of my life and I'd like to blog about it so that I'll be able to look back on it someday", but when I'm infront of the blogger dashboard, I just cant seem to find the right words to describe the occassion, or I simply dont know where to begin or what exactly to write about.

But there are other things that I just blog about spontaneously, these are usually pressing issues that are on my mind. I find that jotting these things down can help to relief the stress and the feeling of uneasiness that you may forget something important.

I think I can explain it in this manner: I find it easier to state facts, and list an analysis of a situation, than to describe a feeling. But I want to remember both as much.

And one thing I want to remember about the past two weeks is how much I enjoyed myself. I went out with my JC friends, went for a night cycling expedition and went out playing lan with them; and with my church friends, playing lan, doing community service, and i enjoyed the time of sharing during the last cell. I also had the opportunity last week to teach, albeit PE lessons, at my old school. Really enjoyed reliveing my secondary school life, and meeting all my old teachers, and working with them.

For the first time in years, I found myself indulging in the most popular game, and enjoying it with a group of good friends. The game helped us increase the number of common experience share, thus making us better friends.

I find that good friends come about when you share common experiences, or common interests, when you are eager to relate with each other. Sometimes friendships turn stale, like when there is nothing new, and when there's nothing much to get excited about. Sometimes when I meet up with old friends, i find that your experience have taken us so far apart that once you've gotten past the catching up part, you have nothing much left to talk about.

On the other hand, i find the my best friends were those people whom I could talk to about things that were deep in heart and mind. Such a situation is often brought about by circumstances. For example, it it is often easier for someone to understand how you feel when you have gone through the same situation together. It also takes time to be able to converse about a topic, and this again is the product of circumstances.

When I entered army, I felt increasingly void of good friends, throughout the two years in there, there only were 2-3 people whom i enjoyed being with. It was just enough to keep me from going insane from pent up troubles, definitely a far cry from my school life.

But during the last two weeks, I was blessed to have enjoyed an abundance of activities with many friends.

Just want to remember the past week, and an analysis of the ingredients to a good friend. I think this entry is very incoherent. It's one attempt at blogging my feelings, something I cant do properly, but feel is neccessary.

No comments: