Gabriel's shared items

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Weather is Changing

It's getting colder. And for the first time, I experienced real fog yesterday. Now I understand the notion of 'visibility'. I literally could only see within a sphere of the area around me, and it felt as if the objects were being illuminated and disappeared as i travelled. Felt quite surreal. Somewhat like the experience playing certain first person shooter computer games.

Hung out with the fitz mathmos again today, did some work at their library. Discussed about the 4S5A5S1Ns GU1LD over work today, have a few ideas on what to use as weapons now... Think I'll use the paper I do my rough work on to make 'fei biao's. And since it contains loads of cheem mathematics, I'll name each piece a unique name after certain abscure mathematics constructs we come across in lectures.

Some ideas include:
  • 'Gaussian Elimination Method'
  • 'Kronecker Delta'
  • 'Townsend Lectures'
  • 'Hawking Radiation'
Attended a lecture on string theory at 8.00pm. A good way to inspire me to do my mathematics properly. Sometimes doing something as abstract as math, I lose sight of why i'm doing it in the first place. Attending that lecture reminded me of the importance and definite applications of what i'm learning to the various fields in physics. The lecture was given by a supposedly famous physicist from Cambridge, Dr Micheal Green. I am quite oblivious to all the celebraties I am meeting. Heard that some of the mathematics lecturers are field medalists, but I haven't found out who it was yet... I'm beginning to grasp the magnitude of the people I am meeting.

1 comment:

Rex said...

Go there, get smart... come back... and wow us all...

I seriously require your scientific like-mindedness... Singapore's lack of knowledge on such stuff is killing me!