Gabriel's shared items

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Culinary Experiences.

I've been eating at very varied meals these two days. The last four meals I had were
  1. Lunch at Gonville and Caius with Kez and Alvin
  2. Dinner cookout at Kelvin's place with Jack
  3. Lunch at Fitz with the Fitz Mathmos, I've eaten there quite a number of times already.
  4. Formal Hall here in Hughes Hall.
Each was enjoyable in its own way.

Lunch at Caius
Bumped into the econs people, i.e. Kez and Alvin, while seeking out my targets at Kings. Followed them back for lunch. Good to meet them, and meal at that college was even cheaper than my college! Got a vegetable, meat and carbohydrates for £1.55.

Went on my way to check out my target's dwellings after the lunch, proceeded back to college to catch up on my work. Finally got hold of a book I had been waiting for from my college library. Had supervisions at 6, and went to St Johns for dinner hosted by Kelvin.

Dinner at Kelvin's
Dinner was great! Ate and drank my fill. Gulped down a whole pot of chicken soup boiled with Chinese herbs and dates at the end of the meal. Mmmm... Kelvin cooked generously, we had 10 chicken drumsticks shared among 4 people, and his room is huge! Has his own hall, toilet and bed room!

Mugging at Fitz
Look's like I'm haunting Fitz more than my own college! Quite good to be finally hanging out with mathmos. And Ja always snacks on hand. It's been very fulfilling studying together. Oh yes, everytime we walk up to Fitz, we'll pass a guy trying to sell some magazine outside Sains. It's interesting how he tries to persuade people to buy the magazine by indirectly saying that the magazine is meant for you. Don't think they even read the magazine, therefore their recommendations carry no weight whatsoever. Anyway, I this guy selling the magazine went "(the magazine is) for everybody walking away saying 'no no no I don't want one' for the gazillionth time." Sounded quite amusing the first time I heard it, heard it again today when I walked pass Sains. Smell dispair in that sentance.

Hughes Formal Hall
Was quite a small group. 8 of us. But the food was excellent, as it is known to be. Had quite a interesting discussions over the meal. Topics ranged from tax systems in different countries, to welfare policy, to health epidemics, and what the biologists are trying to do about it. Also had a chat with a fellow of the college doing some financial modelling of the world economy at the business school. And she was a math major. That looks like a possible options for me. Oh yes, I better mention this. I had lots of fruits after the dinner when we adjourned to the holding area for more drinks and chatting. Ate a kiwi, a banana, and a bit of orange.

Will be going for the another formal hall. The CUMSA Formal at Churchill. Think I'm eating too much these few days.

No comments: