Gabriel's shared items

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Yesterday was a great day! I think I'm beginning to get the hang of studying here.

Tried sitting at a different place during lectures - at the front. It helps with the concentration, especially if the lecturer is hard to make out. Managed to follow both lectures closely until around the end.

Had problem with my supervision example sheet: put it in the wrong pigeon hole the previous night. Tried looking for it after lectures for my supervision at 3, but in vain. Just when I was gaving up hope of attending my supervision with the work I had done, my example sheet appeared in front of me on my supervision desk! The professor had passed the example sheet to my supervision mate!

The Differential Equations Supervision at the CMS went well, the first supervision I enjoyed, probrably due to the personality of the supervisor. Dr Essex is quite a fun guy to have supervisions with. Went through the example sheet, and some points during the lecture, now I feel more settled on the topic.

Had Algebra and Geometry supervision around 3 hours after my DEq supervision. That went quite well also. My supervision partner was not feeling well, so it was one-on-one. Dr Russell went through all the axioms of a vector space, as well as my example sheet.

So yesterday was quite a fulfilling day academically.

But it was also very enjoyable in other ways. Had some stale bread in the fridge, so decided to carry it along with me in case I have the opportunity to feed the pigeons or something. Saw some ducks on my way from the CMS to Peterhouse, decided to throw some bread at them. The animals were very responsive. Even the squirrels from around 10 metres responded! Attracted ducks, squirrels and even crows. Thought that one duck even quacked at me for food as I changed my position to feed other ducks. Cambridge is such a lovely place!

Went to Sains to get cereal. Started looking around for ingredients I could use for an easy meal. Looked at spaggethi, and the sauce, but couldn't find the minced beef/pork I'd need. Also considered ham, and salad cream, but dont know what kind of vegetables I should use. Need to get that sorted out. Won't have dinner tonight cos of formal hall. Think I'll eat at another college tonight, perhaps Sidney cos there's a MUN lecture happening there at 6:30.

No comments: