Gabriel's shared items

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bought Bike Lights, Visit to ASDA, Cooking Spagetti, Assinated!

What an eventful day today was!

Was quite bored of mugging at Fitz everyday for the past week or so, so decided to take a break from afternoon studying today. Went back to hall for lunch, paid a vixit to the bike shop along the way to get bike lights so that I wont be liable for the £30 fine when I cycle in the night without lights. Lights costed £11.99 for both front and back lights.

Had lunch, met Choon Howe, a law student from Malaysia, and mentioned my plans to cook spagetti for dinner tonight, and casually invited him to join me. Then went to Peterhouse to hand in my example sheet. Proceeded to explore the far reaches of Cambridge on my bike, the part near the rail station. Headed towards a certain Beehive Center, and found a large supermarket there called ASDA. It was huge! Like the Carrefour in Malaysia. I felt very liberated from the claustophobic city center as I roamed the supermarket. Checked prices, about the same as in city center. Except saw some jeans going for... believe it or not? £3! No need for jeans yet, and not in the mood to go through the hassle of trying it on, so did not buy it... I kinda like that place, somehow reminds me of the family trips to the big supermarkets in Malaysia, looking for good bargains.

Came back to college room, tried to do some work, ended up sleeping for half an hour. Got up and prepared the ingredients for dinner, Choon Howe came early, and helped me with the preparation. Fortunately I asked him along, or I would be quite lost what to do with all the ingredients I had.

The Assination

It was a dark, stormy night. Had left the front door opened as the ventilation fan wasn't working, then half way through the cooking, saw, out of the corner of my eye, a figure in black walking out of the front door from my room. Was quite freaky. So decided to go and investigate it.

I walked out of the door, and saw the figure making his way down the stairs. I called out to him. He stopped, turned back and asked if I was "Gabriel Wu". I confirmed my identity as he approached me. Then, pulling out his pen of doom, he told me he had come for me, and plunged the wicked object into my heart.

It happened too fast for me to react! And I was without my own weapons! He was really lucky man! I had only left the door wide opened today as I needed ventilation for frying the food, and this was the first time I was cooking. Quite dissapointed that I was out of the game without making any assination attempt of my own, but hey, I'm now part of the police force! That means I can kill anyone who is incompetant!

So that was the highlight of the day (or evening)... Continued with the preparation of the food, and then settled down to consume it. Turned out quite nice... Even without the spagetti sauce... Think I'll explore cooking more often, perhaps this Sat. This time, I'll try doing everything myself. And the proportion was indeed 1:1:1. and 500g of spagetti ingredients can cater for about 3 to 4 servings. Went down to the garden to knock down some apples for fruits, and had Cadbury chocolate to top it off.

Now back to reality: Really need to start doing some work! I still have 3 hours before the clock strikes twelve.

No comments: