Gabriel's shared items

Friday, June 30, 2006

first day back home

Tried to begin sorting out all that I needed to do but met with many barriers along the way.

So far had gone to ikea to look for a proper table to rest the computer on so that it'll be more comfortable to work from, and have been trying to clear up the area so that i'll feel more liberated to work from it.

Things I'm trying to sort:
1) Archims Stuff -
- Societies fair - Gotta email the committee and plenum to mobilise people to mend the booth.
- Familiarise myself with all the mailing lists I am currently moderator of, and see what are the privelleges that members have that I need to look into. Like Eureka entitlements, etc.

2) Virtual Stuff -
- Tried to update my webpage, but there's a problem logging in to freefronthost :( Maybe I'll move it to the srcf account. Will do up my CV, and jot down the places I had travelled to during the year.
- Need to install php and mysql on my computer to begin playing around with the various CMS's, and gallery2.
- Go to CS gugu's house and Lionel's house to upload the pictures of our
travel.

3) Work! -
- Secured an internship with the Insitute of High Performance Computing at a-star!!! Looking forward to the exposure of working in a research lab, and hoping that I'd find a more specific direction in my academic pursuits through this experience. Also need not worry about printing out my CV, and scattering them around the schools anymore :)
- Got two A-level tuition students, for C-maths.
- Need to begin to read up on next year's work.

No comments: